Dr. Mike Pirone
- Born at Mercy Hospital in 1969
- Graduated Cheverus High School with high honors
- Graduated University of Southern Maine with high honors
- Graduated Nova Southeastern College of Optometry with high honors
- Graduated Residency program at the Boston Veterans Hospital
- Married Dr. Tricia Pirone, whom he loves dearly
- Raising three wonderful daughters! whom he cherishes
- Practiced Optometry in Savannah, Georgia for 5 years
- Practiced at Family Eye Care in Saco, Maine for 4 years
- Opened Eyes on Rosemont with Dr. Tricia Pirone in 2009
- Merged with Dr. David Lowell from Westbrook, Maine in 2012
- Opened Eyes on Old Port (merger with Maine Professional Opticians) in 2013
Dr. Michael Pirone is a licensed Optometrist who started Eyes on Rosemont in 2009. He is a true Mainer (fourth generation Portlander) and loves servicing his community. A brief timeline of Dr. Mike's life:
His vision for Eyes on Rosemont is to structure the practice around providing exceptional customer care and patient education. He believes that preventative care is the key to healthy eyes and assists in the diagnosing and managing of many systemic conditions. Working with your primary care provider, he is trained to help patients with Diabetes and hypertension.
To distinguish his practice from all others, he invests heavily in the latest technology and training of himself and his wonderful staff. His patients are "wowed"by the modern eye examinations and treatments he provides. The high tech experience continues into the products he recommends to his patients; handmade eyewear with the best materials, contact lenses to fit every patients need, and opthalmic lenses that are the highest quality to provide the clearest vision.
Dr. Michael Pirone is certified in certified to the highest level by the State of Maine and the National Board of Examiners. He is an active member of both the Maine Association of Optometry, the American Optometric Association and the Lion's Club of Maine.
As a business owner and Eye Doctor, Dr. Prione donates as much time and resources to those in need. He is actively involved in the Foundation Fighting Blindness. Any local charitable organizations encouraged to contact Dr. Michael Pirone with their needs.
Dr. Tricia Pirone
- Bachelor of Science (Biology) 1993, Saint Mary's College,
- Doctorate of Optometry, 1998, Pennsylvania College
- 13 month residency at VAOPC in Boston, 1999
- Opened Eyes On Rosement, 2009
Dr. Tricia Pirone completed her Bachelor of Science (Biology) in 1993 from St. Mary's College, Notre Dame and her Doctorate of Optometry from the Pennsylvania College of Optometry in 1998. Immediately post-graduation, Dr. Pirone completed a 13 month residency at the VAOPC in Boston which focused on the treatment and management of ocular disease and low vision in 1999. She opened Eyes On Rosemont in 2009 with her husband Michael Pirone and continues to learn about different aspects of optometry. She is currently focusing her expertise around pediatrics, vision therapy, visual processing, contact lenses and ocular disease. Dr. Pirone is board certified by the American Board of Optometry and holds an Advanced License in Maine to diagnose and treat conditions such as glaucoma. She is a member of the Maine Optometric Association and a member of the American Optometric Association. Outside of practicing optometry, Dr. Pirone focuses her energy on her own health, by exercising and training for triathlons and various races. She is also very involved in raising her three daughters, Olivia, Luciana, and Nola and volunteering at their school, St. Brigids. She also loves traveling with her husband Michael and three daughters.